Friday, August 29, 2014

Letter from Stanley to Trixie- October 19, 1918

Dear Sis and all-
Your letter was received today and was good to hear from all of you but sorry to hear that GL (Georgia Lucille) being sick.  I hope it is not the influenza she has.  Be sure and let me hear from you all along.  Had a letter from Boops today also, he is doing fine.  I hope he is and stays well.  The boys here that are in the hospital and in the barracks rather- sure don't get any care; one poor boy died with his clothes on.  The one's he took with.  Never washed his face.  His father and brother-in-law are raising the D with them.  Hope they set up state notice, sure feel sorry for them.  If I take sick, I am not going to the doctor or hospital.  They took all soldiers out of the hospital and put all cadets there,  We get the end of everything since school started.  Wish they would ship me out of here.  You be sure and keep me posted as to how GL is getting along.  Write when you can.
Lots of love,
Stanley
I just went out in front and a couple of ladies with 5 or 10 gallons of pure fresh butter milk.  Gave it to the boys.  Sure was fine. They were in a Studebaker six.  I hear she is a widow.     




No comments:

Post a Comment