Monday, July 28, 2014

1918 Letter from Stanley Jones while he was in the Army stationed in Texas

Notice the top that shows totals of dead and wounded.  

November 22, 1918
Dear Sis and family,
Being as tomorrow is my day for writing and I am not busy today I will write to you.  Well, tomorrow is the last test we have a review of everything we have had.  Being I have been in the hospital for nearly two weeks may not make a good grade but I am going to make a stab at it for I was to get out of here as soon as possible.  Is Geo still in Ramona or what is he doing for himself?  How are all the little ones these days sure wish I could see all of you.

Can't tell a thing as to when we will be released or if we will be sent to some other camp or what will become of us.  I suppose everyone was pleased the war has ended.  I think it suits me.  If you write anymore do it quick for we may be sent out and if anyone leaves a camp he hardly gets any of his mail.  My company got new overcoats yesterday and woolen underclothes a few days ago and I did not get any

I am going to get my coat and things as soon as I get out of this H.  I will be out in a day or so as I think.  Have you heard from Shelley lately?  Well, if you have time write and if you have not let it go, c" Lots of love to all and fats also. c"
Geo S Jones
B Co B V
Radio T D
College Station, TX


No comments:

Post a Comment