Monday, April 14, 2014

Charles "Shelley"Jones aka "The Colonel" Week #15- 52 Ancestors

Charles Shelley Jones was my Twice Great-Uncle.  He was the older brother to my Great-Grandmother, Trixie.  The most that I know of him was his younger days tho my Grandmother told me somewhat about him as an adult.  He eventually moved to the Cincinnati, Ohio area and remained there (except for summertime visits to Oklahoma) the rest of his life.

My family called him "Shelley" and his wife, children and grandchildren referred to him as "The Colonel" due to his rank in the Army.  He was one of the very early graduating classes of Oklahoma State University which back then was Oklahoma A&M.  Besides being a track star, he studied electrical engineering and became an engineer.  He joined the Army and served in WWI.

Shelley had numerous professional accomplishments during his career.  I think most of his family remains in Ohio.

Shelley and his Sister, (my Great-Grandmother) Trixie.  This was right before he left for WWI.


Annie Jones, Dr. EA Jones, Shelley and his wife Anna.  Anna's face was distorted in the pic,  He was married for a short time to Anna and then it ended abruptly.  I am not sure what happened.  I do know that Trixie and family loved her dearly.
He later remarried and had a family.  

More from WWI

A really interesting photo.

More WWI photos.


A bunker- so interesting.  This was sometime during WWI

Shelley and his Dad, Dr. EA Jones.  Can't you tell how proud Papa Jones was of his eldest son.
I think the look on his face says so much.



Shelley, Dinty and their daughters

Shelley's daughter

Shelley and his daughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment