Sunday, April 27, 2014

World War I and the Jones Family.....

Trixie's handwriting- addresses of her brothers and cousin during the War.  



WWI impacted the Jones family in many ways.  Mama (Annie) Jones had quite a worry on her hands.  Dr. EA Jones (her husband) and three sons all were in the Army.  I found many letters from WWI and will be posting those as I am able.  I can't imagine the worry that Mama Jones had to endure during the war.  I know it was such a happy day when all of her men were back home safe.


No wonder this booklet was Mama Jones'.  I am sure she wanted a peaceful resolution instead of a war.

The inside of the Booklet.  There are quite a few pages to it but this is just an idea of what it is about.





I would imagine this was Papa Jones or Stanley sent it as they were both stationed in Texas at one time.


A very interesting read.  So many families throughout the years have made the ultimate sacrifice.  Makes me wonder about the boys listed above and their families.  


Byron, Shelley and Edgar Jones- Shelley was leaving for the war.  Byron and Stanley joined the cause a short time later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment