1911
Wednesday, November 1
Not very busy. Finished my book, "Truxton King". It's dandy. Juanita played in here all morning. She took a little nap about noon. Papa and Mama came home about 1:45. Real cool. Geo was in about 2. He showed me a card he had from Ethel Lee- Ladies only and free skate this PM at the rink. I went over and learned how to skate a little. Awful cold.
| Juanita and dog, Joe. |
Thursday, November 2
Real cold! This am the gas wouldn't go very well till about 11. Tom Mattingly here and he kept teasing me about Geo. Said he'd be down to see me. He didn't come until 5:30. Said Miller was going off and he would have to stay at the drug store. Then Byron went up with me. We stopped by drug store and got some "violet chips".
Info about Violet Chips
We hosted Bible Study tonight at our house. Mr. and Mrs. Davidson, Mr. Williams and Miss Sutton were all that came. Bummed around with Wilda. Put on new tan shoes.
Friday, November 3
Ground covered lightly with snow. Looked so pretty. Ironed all AM. Came down about 1- not very busy. Geo was in about 5. Was in meat market when I went by. He walked part way with me. He made a date to go to the show. He came out about 7:30. We sure got a front seat. Lucile came after me to be in a flashlight picture. Then she went back to the show with us. The picture was bum but we had lots of fun. Geo was on a tare. Something doing at home tonight too. Got letter from Ellery on 1:45.
Saturday, November 4
Very dull for a Saturday. Dad blue. Geo was in about 2:30. Lucile and I went to supper about 5. She bought some chocolates at drug store. Geo walked part way home with us. Said he was going to Collinsville on 6. "Boo Hoo". After supper went to rink with Lucile and Mrs. Musser. Miss Sutton too. Skated until about 10.
Sunday, November 5
When we got up it was raining and kept it up all day. I carried Juanita and parasol and went to Sunday school. Sure was tired. About 2:30 I went by for Miss Sutton. We went to train to meet Miss Francis. I had on rubber boots. Very, very muddy and sloppy. Came by p.o.- no card. Stopped by Miss S. awhile. We sang, played and tore around all day. Dark and gloomy. Dad went to Oklahoma City on the 6. We retired real early- about 7:30. Started letter to Ellery.
| Trixie and Juanita |
Monday, November 6
A beautiful day. I ironed from about 7:30 till noon, took bath and came to town. Wrote to Ellery. Wilda and Mr. Mills were in. I ran down to the train and took my letter. Expected someone in but nix. Wilda and I bummed awhile then I went home with her. We had a dandy time. Got supper and came back and made candy. Home about 10.
Tuesday, November 7
Another pretty morning. We got to town about 9. No biz at all. The sales manager came on 1:45 and Dad on 2:37. Nobody else came tho- Curly went to Bigheart. Juanita and I were down to 11:30 train. Ruth Cogal was with us. Curly is daffy over her. New goods came, we were down after supper. Curly came back on 6 train- was in awhile. Kids practiced their play after show.
Wednesday, November 8
Cloudy but not very cool. Tried to keep doors closed but let everyone in. Busy getting ready for sale. Wilda was in. We went to West's. Curly was in a long time on the 2:30. We had quite a chat. Edgar came after me and we started home- went by rink and waited for Stanley. Geo came back but I didn't see him.
Thursday, November 9
Sale began- rather slow. Such a beautiful warm day. Went up to supper about 5. Geo hailed me and made a date to go to the show. We came by the rink while but didn't skate. Got a letter from Ellery and card from George that should have come Wed. Music sounded so pretty.
Friday, November 10
Another beautiful day- not so very busy- only just after commercial train went thru- we came down and met train. Big crowd and so on. Didn't go home to supper. Geo called me up and made a date to go to the show. Ruth Cogal was in before show while. Dad got horse and buggy today. We went tot show then by rink. Pictures were fine tonight. So nice and warm. Didn't have on any wrap. Told Geo I would tell him a little secret sometime. He begged me and begged me to tell him what it was.

No comments:
Post a Comment