Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Baton Rouge Staple....River Road Recipes....Reviews to Come

River Road Recipes.  One of my favorite things from my Mimi.  The cover is a little stained but it's character, right?  In my opinion when it comes to old recipe books, the more stained the better! 

Mimi's youngest brother, Donnie and  her sister-in-law Joan (and family) gave this book to my Mimi in 1984.   She went to visit them in Louisiana right after my Pop passed suddenly in 1983.  She was still grieving so my Uncle took her to visit.  She had a wonderful time.   I remember when she came home with it.  I was so happy when she gave it to me several years ago.    I will start reviewing it soon along with Mama Jones' recipe file and other family recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Recognized mom's handwriting immediately, then saw that it was River Roads cookbook and that made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have another one that is from Monroe from the jr league. She bought it during that same trip. I will add it on here sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete