Thursday, February 6, 2014

Wow-over 900 views! ....a little about the next diary and then some......

First, I have to apologize... I think I may have transcribed these a little out of order. (Forgive me- I have a five, three and 1 year-old and not much sleep!)  The next diary (I have been working on) chronologically fits between the 1907 and the later 1908 one.  It is the months of May-August, 1908.

Second, everything I write (with the exception of the journals and later to be added letters) is my point of view from when I was a child or stories handed down to me throughout my life of thirty-six years.  Most of it was told to me from my "Mimi", Mom, Great-Aunt Sis and Cousin Carol.  Sitting at the feet of many wise women in our family, I learned quite a bit about our heritage and did my best to retain it.  I know history tends to hold many different memories for all involved. Some may remember certain things one way and some may remember another.  I know that my Mimi and the others mentioned handed down only happy and positive memories of all family members.  This is intended to be (in time) the whole story of the Jones/Gideon family (through journals and letters throughout Trixie's entire life).   The story of Trixie's life is so very important to keep alive.  Her life is a great success story.  It is a story of hope, perseverance under some of the hardest trials of life, the love of a Godly mother and wife, a forgiving and true heart and most importantly a devoted follower of Christ. She truly was an example of to all.  

As I said in the beginning of this blog, if you were blessed enough to know Trixie, I hope each entry makes you smile.  If you are like me and know her through stories and photos, I hope this gives you a better understanding and appreciation for her.  She was a true lady- as kind and loving as they come.   

Also, if you have a story, letter or something you would like to share, please let me know. I would love to add other family members stories, photos, pictures of family memorabilia, etc.. 

With that being said, this blog has hit 900 views in a little over two weeks.  I know a great deal of the readers are family members.  Some are friends and some are strangers.   I have to mention that I have noticed that it has been read in Australia, China, Germany, and a few other places besides the states.  It's fun and rewarding to know that it is being read and we are just getting started.....  Thanks so much for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment