Friday, February 21, 2014

To Trix From Good 'Ole St. Nick

Trixie's Christmas list from 1951. My Mom said even though she didn't have a lot of money, she bought each family member gifts.  I think I counted 38 family members on the list. Do you see your name? ha. If not, either you weren't born yet or not a family member. She never left any one out.  She looked all year to find things to give each person. Those I have asked in our family to describe her always says she was so kind and thoughtful to everyone.  

Her Christmas Card list.  So interesting to look at-  notice the Haight St in San Fran.  The bottom is a little cut off but it says Dinty and Shelley (Her brother and sister-in-law).   The other line is Pat and Harold Woodruff-  She was one of Ed and Babe Jones' daughters. )Trixie's niece)  She always wrote and thought of so many people. I really think she was one of the neatest people around.  All of her doings reminds me a lot of my Mom and Mimi- always kind and thoughtful.  My Mom will tell me not to brag on her but it's the truth so she doesn't get a choice. ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment