Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Teacher and the Tornado.... An Amazing GIdeon Girl Story....

Geraldine was Trixie's second born.  She was kind, generous and always loved her family.  Following in the footsteps of her Mother, she became a teacher.  I always remember her bringing me books when she would come to visit us.  Besides her serious side, she had a wonderful sense of humor and was a lot of fun.

The following is quite the jaw dropping story about her quick actions that prevented her class from being hit by a massive tornado.  It gives me chills each time I read it.  She was always a lady but tough as nails when needed.  I hope I have a little (or a lot) of  "Aunt Gerry" in me.  I will still profile her life (later on when I get to the letters where she was a young girl).  She was simply amazing!  




The Beautiful Aunt Gerry in her classroom.  Wasn't she gorgeous!


The Magazine Cover- her story was featured inside in the April 1995 issue.

 Thank you to Carol Brannon-Cook for giving me a copy of  the article and photo.  



The story is below in larger print so it is easier to read. 

The amazing Story. Today it would be featured all over the media. CNN, MSNBC, even OWN- you name it and it would be there! ha.


I made the print a little larger so it would be easier to read.



One of the few things that survived in the school house.

Cover of the book


No comments:

Post a Comment