Thursday, March 27, 2014

October 11- 20- Avant, Oklahoma 1911

Avant, Oklahoma- 1911

Wednesday, October, 11
Cool and cloudy.  Selected some shoes.  Not very busy.  Cleaned up a little.  Lucile came by town with me this morning.  We went up about 5.  Washed dinner dishes and got supper.  Had to spank Juanita for running off.  Wrote in diary while they all were at supper.
Lucile, Trixie and Juanita

Thursday, October 12
Cleaned up at store.  Geo was in a few minutes in a.m.  Papa went to Bigheart on 2:37 back on 6.  Sale promoter here.  Lucile didn't come down after supper.  I went up while they practiced awhile.  Curly was here.  We sat in front.  Myrel, Miss Hurley, Fred Glenn, Dessie and Campbell came by.  I read awhile.  Went to Bible study.  Few there.  We just sang.  Came to town with Eleanor and Herman.  Big cloud.  Rained some-thought sure we'd get wet.  Went by drug store.  Dad wanted a drink.  Real warm.

Friday, October 13
Not very busy.  Mama was down all day.  Read.  Geo came back after I came in at noon.  All were down after supper.  I was down to the practice awhile. Papa and I sat out in front.  Mrs. Gouland came in just as Geo came.  She stayed and stayed.  Geo stayed quite awhile.  So did Dad.  He and Mama went home front way.  Talked to Blanche and Mr. Hamrick.

Saturday, October 14
Came down about 4:30 and cut out blue skirt.  Wrote in diary.  Dad went to 170.  Geo was in afternoon.   Ruth Lackey came in before he left- surprised to see her.  We bummed all PM.  Went in drug store and had ice cream.  Dr. Beeler and I tried to get a crowd to go to pie supper at Lombard schoolhouse.  But we all decided to go to skating rink.  It opened tonight.  Ruth, Wilda Meyer, Lucile, Miss Sutton and I all tried to skate.  Got a letter from Ellery.


Sunday, October 15
Lucile went to practice.   I went to SS and Church.  Very dusty and windy.  Curly was at Church.  I was surely surprised.  Geo came out about 2:30.  We went to train.  Ruth went away. Cloudy and sprinkled some.  About 4, Myrl, Mel, Curly, Lucile and Stanley came out.  We sang a long time.  Geo came back and we went to church.  I had to play.  Lucile went with the school teachers.

Monday, October 16
Cool.   Were quite busy./  Went up to bank.  Greenwood asked me if I saw Geo's other girl.  Geo was in later and stayed awhile.  We went to the show.  Then over to the rink and then home.  Lucile had a party for kids.  Kissing games were all they played.  Wrote to Ellery.
Add caption


Tuesday, October 17
Not very busy.  Lucile and I went to the rink after supper.  Mama is sewing.

Wednesday, October 18
Cool.  Very windy.  Went up to bank then Stanley and I went over to skate.  So many boys.  I decided to put it off until PM. Went over about 2:30- big crowd.  John Booker helped me.  Geo was over and was afraid to skate with me.  He fell once.  I told him it wouldn't do to fall twice. He looked funny at me.  I thought i made him mad.  Lucile went to Tulsa this AM with school bunch.  After supper, Dad went to rink.  I was sitting here reading and Geo came in and stayed about 30 minutes.  Then we went to the rink.  Then to the depot  and back to rink.  We didn't skate.  Stanley came up with Lucile.  She told us all about her trip.


Thursday, October 19
Cool.  Not much biz.  Over to rink in PM- I skated.  Geo was over too.  Everyone said why don't you make Geo skate with you.  "Being Butinsky's".  Closed up early and Dad took me by church to Bible study.  Only 6 there.  Lucile and Stan practiced.
Lucile and a friend

Friday, October 20
Dad went to 170.  Woman brought switches- she made $3.50.  Geo came in before she left.  Drummer came.  Drove the team up at noon.  Mama came down and selected some goods.  Went by Wests and got some groceries.  Geo was in front of drug store when Juanita and I passed.  Asked me to go to show.   My sack tore and cans rolled everywhere.  He wrapped them up for me.  Play tonight.  We had an awful time getting ready.  Lucile didn't have her things ready.  She and Mama went on.  Geo came about 8.  He and I took Juanita to Mrs. Cunningham's.  Kids did okay in the play.  Curly was by and he had a fit over Lucile.  All went by rink.  Mr and Mrs. Orme and Geo and I put on skates awhile.  Curly brought Lucile home.  Got a letter from Ellery.







No comments:

Post a Comment