Sunday, March 23, 2014

September 23, 1911- Avant, OK

Saturday, September 23
Went to Mrs. Orme's.  We tried on blue serge dresses.  Came to store about 9.  Then went up early and sewed.  After noon, tried to take a little nap.  Wore linen dress down about 3.  Walked up with Miss Sutton.  She went over to Pecks and weighed.  Lucile and Erma weigh 125 and I weigh 137.  Sat out in front.  Curly was in there.  Lucile went in to answer the phone.  Fred Glenn went in to buy shoes.  "stall".  He then asked her to go to the show (Fred). Then they marched right by Curly.  Sure got him.  Dr. Beeler and Mel were down here.  Mel wanted me to be in a play.  Curly stayed a long time here.  We had quite a chat.  Didn't see Geo all day just to speak to him.
Lucile and friends in Avant, OK.  Notice the speed limit sign above.

Sunday, September 24
Lucile and I came down town at 9 for her to practice the play.  I went to SS and Church.  After dinner, I lay on the porch and read.  Geo came to go to ball game.  I wasn't sure he was going to come.  Lucile had started after the mail.  She joined us at Sniders.  Game was fine.  8-6 in Avant's favor.  Lots of excitement.  Minnie, Grizley, Mose, Fred and a bunch put on a show- booze.  Lucile, Juanita and I had to come down after bread.  Geo, Lucile and I then went to church.

Monday, September 25
I came down and cleaned up a little.  Wrote in diary.  Didn't see Geo to talk to him- all day.  They practiced the play after the show.  I stayed with them.  Was late when we got home.  Stanley and Dr. Beeler went with us.  I stayed at home in pm and ironed.  Curly was here a long time.
Byron Jones

Tuesday, September 26
Not very busy.  Disappointed about 10.  Why?  I stayed at home in pm- washed dishes and ironed again.  Juanita and I came down about 4.  Went to PO and got a letter from Ellery.  Went to supper late.  Waited for Mrs. Orme and we came down together.  Sat out in front.  Curly came by and I let him and Lucile talk.  When we started home, we stopped in drug store and got cream.  Geo came and sat down with us.  Acted kind of funny.  I went up to pay Dr. Beeler about 11:45.  He went to PO with me and then we went to drug store and had a drink.
More kodaking photos.

Wednesday, September 27
Hot and dusty again.  Cleaned up store.  Wrote a card to L.D.  Geo was over about 10.  Didn't stay long.  Dad went to PO just after Geo left and I was here 2 hours alone.  Then Geo came back and stayed awhile.  Dad was blue all day.  He went to Bigheart to see about putting in a drug store.  I sure hated it.  Geo sat out here awhile and then went home with Lucile and me.  We went by new drug store and had something to drink.  Heard 3 shots going home and it scared Lucile.  Forgot to tell Mrs. Mitchell that he had gone to Bigheart.  Lucile, Byron and I went back and told her.

Thursday, September 28
Papa didn't get back on 8.  Was writing to Ellery about 10 and Geo came in.  He said something like,"Oh, yes.  You didn't think I would catch you did you."  He stayed a long time.  Told him I wasn't going to the fair in Okla. City.  He said we would have to go to Ramona Sunday to the ballgame.  Not much business.  Went to Bible study about 7:30.  Lucile didn't want to go.  So Byron took me.  Curly talked to Lucile.  I wrote a long letter to Aunt Lulu.  Awful dusty and windy.

Friday, September 29
Cleaned up good.  Geo was in awhile.  I went to Mrs. Davidsons and borrowed some books.  Went home about 11:30.  Geo walked with me and wanted to know for sure that I would go to Ramona.  Dusty again.  Oh, My!  Home talent stunt at show.  Geo and I went.  Dr. Beeler wanted Lucile to go but she wouldn't.  She is fixing to go to Pawhuska.  Curly sat out there and they talked again.  We had to run to get to the train.  Dr. Beeler, Stanley and I went with her.  Took some pictures at noon.
Kodaking.  A favorite pastime. 

Saturday, September 30
Not much trade.  Hot, windy and dusty. So disgusting.  Stanley went to Okla. City fair.  Mama came down after supper.  I went and practiced with the bunch.  I read Lucile's part for them.  Didn't see Geo all day.  Finished reading "ziska" .  Didn't like it.

Ziska book

No comments:

Post a Comment