Saturday, July 22
| Uncle John (J.C.) Riffe's grave. |
Sunday, July 23
| Stanley and Josephine. Shafer's house is in the background. (The Shafer's were Trixie's neighbors) |
Monday, July 24
Got up early. Helped get Mama and Aunt Lulu off to Tulsa. Went to train and then to store. Went up to dinner early. Dollie was ironing. I just got dinner ready when a boy came up after me. I had to come and stay in store. Papa had a hurried call. Edgar came down and let me go up and eat. I was certainly sleepy. Dollie came down ready to leave for Pawhuska. We went to P.O. Just got to drug store door, going after something to drink and to see "Geo" and an old work train whistled. We flew for the station. Mr. Hare, Stanley and Geo (She had Geo underlined) came down. I was so tired that I stayed at home after supper and Lucile came to the store. I rocked Juanita to sleep. Bathed and fiddled around until the kids came.
| Byron and Juanita, 1911 |
Tuesday, July 25
Not much trade as usual. Went to PO two or three times. Juanita came down with me at noon. We went to meet mama- I felt sleepy and bad. Went up about 4 and ate supper and then returned. Dr. Beeler was over and we talked awhile.
| Isn't Juanita the cutest little thing! Notice her bracelet. |
Wednesday, July 26
Cleaned up store. Mr. Hare came in and talked awhile. Went over and took Mr. Brandon's dead baby's picture as asked. Then Ewing girls, Eleanor, Mrs. Stone, Lucile and I went to graveyard and helped sing. Stopped at home and ate lunch and come on to town. Curly was in several times- about 6. He, Lucile and I drove out on lease where he has been working. Had a very pleasant drive. Was cloudy. We came to store- Dad was busy. We helped him. Mary, Lucile and I went to drug store. Curly took us to the show. Stayed out quite awhile. I then had to press Dad's pants. I had promised him I would- Gee! I hated to! Then I dried the dishes. Thought I would get a letter but nix!
| Juanita outside the store |
Thursday, July 27
Cloudy. Shoe drummer here.Bummed around with Ruth Lakey. Felt bad all day. Papa brought me a lunch. We selected shoes. I went back and laid my head on the counter and took a nap. Went to the PO. Thought sure I'd get my letter but got fooled. Mary, Lucile and I went to choir practice. Big crowd. We came to town. Had ice cream on Dad- he was in the drug store.
![]() |
| Downtown Avant, OK |
Friday, July 28
Cloudy, showered occasionally. Very cool and pleasant. No trade- cleaned up good. Mr. Hare was in. Curley was over and Dr. Beeler too. We shot at boxes in backyard. He went frog hunting. I was in here about 6 writing to ellery and saw there was some excitement on the street. I went to the door and Curly and Clarence Musser scraping like everything. Curly broke his thumb- Papa was gone. Feel rather sorry for him. He had to pay $9.30 fine and a $10 Dr. bill. Lucile came down and Mr. Moore and we three went to the show.
| The Avant swinging bridge |

No comments:
Post a Comment